Piano Lesson Book: Complete Level 1, for the Later Beginner

Category: Books,Arts & Photography,Music

Piano Lesson Book: Complete Level 1, for the Later Beginner Details

Complete Level 1 is a faster-paced version of Levels 1A and 1B that gets to staff reading more quickly. Perfect for a student who is 8 or older, or for a younger beginner with great musical aptitude. This course is most effective when used under the direction of a piano teacher or experienced musician.

Reviews

I have been a piano teacher for about 30 years. I am familiar with John W. Schaum as that is what I had grown up with, along with John Thompson. When I first started teaching, I used the Bastein series, but was unimpressed with the songs. Another piano teacher turned me on to the Alfred's series, and I have used it ever since. I loved it and more importantly, my students love it. They go home from their very first lesson, able to play a couple of songs. It starts them off on the black keys to get them use to looking at the sets of 2 and 3 black keys. This helps them later when they begin learning to locate the different white keys. They always return the next week very excited. Parents are always impressed by our end-of-the-year recital by the songs they hear the kids playing from the beginners to the advanced students.I was curious as to why some people rated this book/series 3 stars and below. Someone thought that you could learn everything from just this book, and you could, but you don't get enough practice with the new concepts that are being taught. We use all 4 books: Lesson, Technic, Theory, Recital. When they say "complete" what they mean is that it has combined level 1a and 1b into one book. For young children, ages 5-7 you would want to use these books. Some thought the words to the songs were silly, but I have never heard my students complain about that in all the years that I have taught. Students who have come to me from other teachers, using other methods, are thrilled when I switched them over to this series. They said that they actually enjoyed practicing. The songs are fun, lively, and pages colorful. Level two gets even better as well as each level that they will progress through. This series teaches about intervals, half-steps/whole steps, the chromatic scale, chords, long/short rhythms, different keys (first book they begin in key of c, then move to key of G) and so much more. Alfred's have filled in the gaps that other methods leave out, and has a good, logical order.I cannot say enough good about this series! I highly recommend the entire series!

Feature Ad (728)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel