Jasper Johns: A Print Retrospective

Category: Books,Arts & Photography

Jasper Johns: A Print Retrospective Details

From Library Journal This fine exhibition catalog goes far toward providing an understandable explication of Johns's complex graphic techniques and difficult imagery. Johns began printmaking in 1960 and has since become one of the absolute masters of the 20th-century print. Many of his prints replicate his paintings as he experiments with the potentials and insights that another medium provides through new techniques and textures. Below Castleman's text run thought-provoking excerpts from interviews with Johns and from his writings. The color illustrations are good, although the subtleties of texture are nearly impossible to convey, and the black-and white illustrations are a bit muddy. Recommended for all collections of contemporary or graphic art. Lynell A. Morr, John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art Lib., Sarasota, Fla.Copyright 1986 Reed Business Information, Inc. Read more

Reviews

BEWARE!!! Double check before you make final purchase that is is Michael Crichton and not Riva Castleman. Riva wrote a book by the same name. The place I bought it from would not responde to me when I tried to return it.I bought this book to finish my Michael Crichton collection. Once I got it in the mail I was extreamly bummed to find a diffrent book written by a diffrent author. I dont know if the MC version is good or not, it probbaly is, maybe one day I will actually get it. I am wary of buying this book online though as I dont want the same scenario happening again.

Feature Ad (728)

Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel